VACANCIES: Exciting job opportunities available NOW!
Technical Supervisor (AB/TS172)
JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR
Reference No: AB/TS172 Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Highbridge Hours: 35 per week (basic)
Salary: £24,053 – £32,324 depending on experience and qualifications
Excellent working conditions. Pension Scheme. Business mileage and 4WD allowance.
We are seeking to appoint a Technical Supervisor to work alongside the Engineers and Ecologist in the Engineering Department based in our offices in Highbridge, Somerset.
For an informal chat please call Nick Stevens or Iain Sturdy on 01278 789906
The role will involve:
- Management of the watercourse maintenance programme in the Parrett IDB district, carried out by both the in-house workforce and external contractors
- The operation and management of water levels for drainage and irrigation as contained in the Water Level Management Plans
- Provide information on drainage and flood risk matters to members of the public and the Board’s development control team
- Lead on the enforcement of infringements of the Board’s Byelaws and Land Drainage Act 1991
You will have training, knowledge and experience in:
- Technical and management training in civil engineering or flood risk management activities
- Health & Safety legislation and procedures including CDM
- Running a small workforce, preferably in the drainage or flood risk industry
This role involves driving to undertake site visits, supervision and inspections, therefore a driving licence is essential.
The Somerset Drainage Boards Consortium advises on the management of water levels for the protection of people, property and the environment across the levels and moors of Somerset.